Companions you can take comfort in
When simple, everyday tasks become difficult, finding someone you can depend on to help shouldn’t be. Call John Knox @ Home, a reliable, easy-to-use in-home companion program for your loved ones. More than just “sitters,” our companions are trained, motivated, caring individuals. Their job is to provide the personal attention your loved one needs and deserves, assist with routine household activities, and help maintain a sense of balance and order in the person’s life. That, in turn, relieves you from much of the worry and time-consuming responsibilities that comes with caring for elders so that you, too, can live a normal life.
Non-Medical at-home services
At your request, John Knox @ Home will make a house call to determine the needs, then develop a service plan, and match those needs to our staff of companions. Services provided by John Knox @ Home companions include but are not limited to:
- Safety observation
- Social interaction
- Accompaniment on errands, appointments, etc.
- As-needed personal assistance with daily living (bathing, dressing, grooming, mobility, hygiene, etc.)
- Medication reminders
- Light housekeeping
- Meal Preparation
- Laundry & Linens
- Hospital Stay Assistance
- Errands within a limited radius
Keeping it simple
John Knox @ Home has taken the worry—and the work—out of finding reliable, trustworthy, compassionate people to provide the at-home care you’re in search of. We handle all the details, so you don’t have to.
- All caregivers have passed extensive criminal background, abuse registry, and reference checks.
- We conduct ongoing drug and health screenings.
- We provide an extensive new hire orientation that includes training on the special needs of the elderly as well as on-going training on other topics that relate to their care.
- All caregivers are John Knox @ Home’s employees.
- We pay employment taxes—not you.
- Our workers’ compensation policy covers our employees if they’re injured while on the job.
- If a caregiver is unable to come to work, we’ll make every effort to send a replacement.
- Charges for caregiver services are itemized and billed so all financial transactions go through us.